As we collectively work to provide affordable and reliable access to connectivity across all of Kentucky’s 54 Appalachian counties, your input guides everything. That’s why we want to share information on the Kentucky Internet Speed Test.
This is a collaboration between the Center for Rural Development and Kentucky’s Office of Broadband Development. It is important to note that the test is for those with internet service and those without internet service at their home.
For those without service at their residence, simply provide your physical address.
The data collected will allow for adequate mapping to identify areas of deployment. The timing couldn’t be better as unprecedented levels of funding — both public and private — are available for increased access.
The Affordable Connectivity Program
We believe, with digital skills and access, everyone in our region can use the internet to its greatest potential. That’s why we created the Office of Digital Equity, funded through the support of the National Digital Inclusion Alliance and the Federal Communications Commission.
The Affordable Connectivity Program, or ACP, provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward broadband service for eligible households. The benefit also provides up to a $100 per household discount toward a one-time purchase of a computer, laptop, or tablet if the household contributes more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase through a participating broadband provider.
You are eligible for ACP if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program;
- Participates in one of these assistance programs:
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program (Section 8 Vouchers)
- Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/202/811
- Public Housing
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits
- or Lifeline;
Want to learn more? Schedule a time to chat with our Digital Equity Team. Aside from the ACP, our team can provide assistance for:
- Digital Skills Training
- Resume Assistance
- Adult Education/GED
- Job Training
- Working Remotely
- Telehealth Services
Take the Speed Test
Make sure your voice is heard and your community is represented in the Kentucky Internet Speed Test.
Remember, if you do not have connectivity available at your home, your participation is vital. Simply provide your physical address.