It starts with you and targeted programming empowering people and communities to identify and implement solutions.
And this year’s Summit is all about Focus. Future-focused, casting a 10-year vision for the region with your help.
What’s new to this year’s Summit
The most significant change you’ll see is that we’ve expanded to two full days of programming. We’ve also added Focus Sessions, providing subject-matter experts and workshops around important topics to move Appalachia Kentucky forward. Sessions will be held at the Appalachian Wireless Arena, New Beginnings Fellowship Church, and the Appalachian Center for the Arts, just a short walk from the Arena.
At the core of Focus Sessions is Community Broadband and Planning, which is intended for elected officials, community and regional planners, and community leaders. We’ve partnered with the Kentucky Department for Local Government and the Kentucky League of Cities for 7.5 training hours for elected officials and eligible government employees.
We will also host the first-ever Speed Pitch Competition during the Small Business and Innovation Focus session on October 20.
What is a Speed Pitch Competition?
Its speed dating meets pitch competition. Take the mic and make your pitch in two minutes or less for a chance to win $500.
Other Focus Session topics include:
- A Community Ecosystem Workshop by the Center on Rural Innovation
- How to develop your pitch
- Social Media Workshop
- Farm Funding
- Farm-Fresh Websites
- Second Chance Employment and Re-Entry
- EKY Remote: Establishing Remote Work as a Sector
This year’s Summit will feature a variety of keynote speakers during plenary sessions on each day.
- Colby Hall, Executive Director at SOAR
- Ben Ledo, Vice President of Enterprise Sales at MakeMyMove
- Nate Morris, CEO at Rubicon Global
- Robert Schena, Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder at Rajant Corporation
Other speakers will be announced soon.
Apply to Exhibit
The SOAR Summit Exhibit Hall, presented by MAI Management Advisors, is a favorite among attendees.
It’s part trade show and part showcase. It’s a mixture of business and industry, education, non-profits, community/regional organizations, technical assistance providers, and others.
This year, we are encouraging businesses to apply for the opportunity to sell products on-site.
Want to apply? Complete our brief application HERE. The deadline to apply is September 2.
Tickets are all-inclusive
Your ticket to the SOAR Summit is all-inclusive.
- Two days of programming.
- The SOAR Summit Reception, presented by the University of Pikeville, on October 19 at the MountainTop Media Stage at the Main Street Entrance of the Appalachian Wireless Arena.
- Breakfast and Lunch on both days.
- The SOAR Summit Exhibit Hall, presented by MAI Management Advisors.
Got questions? Email Karen Roberts Prater at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (606) 766-1160.