Entrepreneurship is a great way for high school students to learn valuable skills, develop their creativity, and make a difference in the world.
Here are a few reasons why high school students should consider becoming an entrepreneur:
- They’ll learn how to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions to problems.
- They’ll develop strong problem-solving skills.
- They’ll learn how to manage your time effectively.
- They’ll learn how to work with others and build relationships.
- They’ll gain experience in marketing, sales, and finance.
- They’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in the world.
For these reasons, we are inviting high school mentors, teachers, and educators to be a part of an amazing program opportunity.
Kentucky Educational Development Corporation, EntreEd, and SOAR are all partnering to offer a day-long professional experience for 9-12 educators called: Vision 2 Venture: Cultivating Entrepreneurship in the Classroom.
Teachers will get to learn how to infuse entrepreneurship into all classrooms using their existing curriculum.
Teachers will get to participate in engaging activities with firsthand entrepreneurship experiences that they can then use in any classroom.
They will leave with an action plan and prepare for the follow-up pitch competition to win money for their classroom!
The event will take place on September 18, 2023, from 9 am – 3:30 pm at the KEDC building in Ashland: 904 Rose Road, Ashland, KY, 41102.
The cost to attend the program is $25.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
There will be a follow-up pitch competition on December 6th where students will get to compete for prize money! Who doesn’t want to see their students compete?
First Place $1500
Second Place $1000
Third Place $500
You can register for the program HERE.
Teachers, you can learn how to infuse entrepreneurship into all classrooms using your existing curriculum!
How to help support High School students with their entrepreneurship dreams
If you know of a high school student interested in entrepreneurship, here are a few things you can do to get started:
- Attend the Vision 2 Venture program to bring entrepreneurship lesson plans into your classrooms
- Not a teacher? Not a problem! Help spread the word to our Eastern Kentucky educators by sharing this flyer on social media
- Connect with our SOAR Innovation Team to come talk to your students about the many business success stories we have in our region
- Encourage students to attend the 2023 SOAR Summit to watch speed pitch competitors share their business ideas in real-time
Entrepreneurship is a great way to learn, grow, and make a difference in the world. You can help make that difference!