Entrepreneurship is a great way for high school students to learn valuable skills, develop their creativity, and make a difference in the world.
Here are a few reasons why high school students should consider becoming an entrepreneur:
- They’ll learn how to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions to problems.
- They’ll develop strong problem-solving skills.
- They’ll learn how to manage your time effectively.
- They’ll learn how to work with others and build relationships.
- They’ll gain experience in marketing, sales, and finance.
- They’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in the world.
For these reasons, we are inviting high school mentors, teachers, and educators to be a part of an amazing program opportunity.
Kentucky Educational Development Corporation, EntreEd, Southeast South-Central Educational Cooperative, Kentucky Valley Educational Cooperative,and SOAR are all partnering to offer a day-long professional experience for 9-12 educators called: Vision 2 Venture: Cultivating Entrepreneurship in the Classroom.
Vision2Venture is open to all 9-12 educators within the SOAR Appalachian Counties of Kentucky who are interested in integrating entrepreneurial teaching and learning experiences into their classrooms.
During this program, participants will acquire the skills necessary to incorporate entrepreneurial concepts into their teaching methods.
They will then apply this knowledge in their own classrooms, collaborating with their students to create an innovative entrepreneurial “pitch.”
These pitches will be recorded and submitted to a panel of judges.
The top three pitches will be awarded cash prizes to support the realization of their entrepreneurial visions.
December 6, 2023
9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
904 Rose Road
Ashland, KY 41143
Registration is $25 per individual.
Breakfast and lunch are provided.
The follow-up virtual pitch competition on February 21, 2024 where students will get to compete for prize money! Who doesn’t want to see their students compete?
The following are the prizes your students could win:
First Place $1500
Second Place $1000
Third Place $500
You can register for the program HERE.
You can also find a downloadable flyer to help spread the word HERE.
How to help support High School students with their entrepreneurship dreams
If you know of a high school student interested in entrepreneurship, here are a few things you can do to get started:
- Attend the Vision 2 Venture program to bring entrepreneurship lesson plans into your classrooms
- Not a teacher? Not a problem! Help spread the word to our Eastern Kentucky educators by sharing this flyer on social media
- Connect with our SOAR Innovation Team to come talk to your students about the many business success stories we have in our region
- Encourage students to watch the 2023 Speed Pitch Competition that took place at the 2023 SOAR Summit:
Entrepreneurship is a great way to learn, grow, and make a difference in the world. You can help make that difference!