The event, focused on tourism and downtown revitalization, will be held at the Paramount Arts Center and Delta Hotel.
Four breakout sessions will be held on the morning of March 8. They are designed to address challenges and celebrate opportunities across the region related to issues pertaining to tourism and downtown revitalization.
The Breakout Sessions
You can find a list of the breakout sessions with their panelists below:
- No Hotel? No Problem!
- Learn how communities are leveraging Airbnb and other platforms to create unique and destination-driven lodging.
- Facilitated by Zuojay Johnson from the Mountain Association.
- Destinations Begin With Your Downtown
- Positioning your downtown to welcome tourists is critical to creating a thriving tourism-based economy. Learn how other communities are finding success.
- Facilitated by Les Stapleton, Mayor of Prestonsburg with panelists: Bailey Richards, City of Hazard Downtown Coordinator; Ameet Patel, President and CEO of Thoroughbred Hospitality Group; and Maggy Monhollen, Executive Director of the Corbin Tourism and Convention Commission.
- Tell Your Story In The Digital Space
- The digital space is changing the way people live, work, and travel. Learn how to successfully market your unique story and experiences.
- Facilitated by Farrah Dobbs of The Kentucky Wildlands with panelists: JC Phelps, Business Coach at the Kentucky Small Business Development Center; Samantha Johnson, Executive Director of Prestonsburg Tourism; and Natalie Detherage, Business Development Manager at The Holler Creative and Explore Appalachia.
- Small Towns Making A Big Impact
- Learn how small communities are attracting visitors and money to their respective communities through creative branding and marketing.
- Facilitated by Brandy Clark, Executive Director of Visit AKY with panelists: Tony Tackett, Executive Director of Pike County Tourism; Missy Matthews, Chairman of the Letcher County Tourism Commission; and Joy Brown, Executive Director of the Morehead-Rowan County Tourism Commission.
Save $15 through February 4
Through February 4, we are offering Early Bird registration for only $30. This includes all programming, a Reception (March 7), Country Music Highway Tribute Show (March 7), and breakfast and lunch (March 8).
Click HERE to register now; no promo code required!