We are proud to announce we have been awarded a $500,000 grant by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program to expand the FCC Affordable Connectivity Program to help Eastern Kentucky residents.
SOAR was the only organization in Kentucky to be awarded the ACP Outreach grant!
The Internet is no longer a luxury, but a necessity. We all need it to work, train, educate, and even see a doctor. Being connected is not a reality for many in Kentucky’s 54 Appalachian counties.
We want to change that.
That is where the FCC grant comes in. Our Office of Digital Equity will help bring greater awareness to the ACP program and allow us to provide other benefits to help improve the quality of life of those enrolled.
What is ACP?
The ACP provides a discount of up to $30 per month towards broadband services for eligible households.
You are eligible for the ACP if your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program
- Participate in one of these assistance programs:
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program (Section 8 Vouchers)
- Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/202/811
- Public Housing
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits
- or Lifeline
Do you already have Internet service? If you meet one of the eligibility guidelines above, you can enroll in the ACP (if your provider is an ACP-approved provider).
It’s much more than being connected
Getting connected is the first step to entering a world of opportunity. Our Office of Digital Equity offers many benefits to help you leverage connectivity to find new opportunities. These include:
- Access to the Internet through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- Access to digital devices
- Access to digital skills training
- Access to remote work opportunities
These services are FREE to you!
We are offering free digital benefits to provide economic mobility to improve economic and educational outcomes and your quality of life.
Let’s get started!
Meet Our Digital Equity Team!
Our Digital Equity Team you with the ACP application and connect you with resources to help you leverage the benefit for you and your family.