Does your community need better internet? The state’s Better Internet Initiative has announced its second round of applications is open. The grant program supports the expansion of high-speed internet across the state.
More than $206 million is available
More than $206 million s available in this round of funding. The program specifically targets underserved populations of the state with 10 Mbps or less.
The competitive grant is available through the state’s Office of Broadband Development.
Who is eligible?
- Internet companies owned or affiliated with local governments, nonprofits, and cooperatives, as well as private providers.
The deadline for the application is February 6, 2023.
Earlier this year, the first round of funding from the Better Internet Initiative was released. Forty-seven grants totaling more than $89.6 million were awarded to 12 internet service providers and local governments across 36 Kentucky counties.
Your broadband guide
We’re in a time of unprecedented broadband funding.
Despite there being more competition than ever for broadband grants, we can’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
With this in mind, we partnered with Rural Innovation Strategies, Inc. (RISI) to create the Manual for Writing & Winning Broadband Grants.
Inside this step-by-step guide, you’ll learn:
- How to navigate regulatory context and partnerships
- How to evaluate possible funding sources and their parameters
- How to identify actionable funding opportunities
- How to prepare and submit competitive grant proposals
- This resource is written specifically for those who don’t have extensive existing knowledge of broadband infrastructure or funding opportunities.
SOAR provides numerous funding support resources for Eastern Kentucky applicants. Aside from the Manual for Writing & Winning Winning Broadband Grants, check out the Last Mile Guide. If you are ready to take action, check out these six steps to apply for funding.
Contact SOAR for broadband grant support
SOAR is here to help you navigate the complexities of project planning and grant applications.
Once you develop your application materials, reach out to our team of experts. We’ll provide feedback based on our extensive experience with state and federal grants.