There is a demand for nurses now and in the years to come. It’s a national challenge, but we are tackling it with a home-grown solution.
That’s why SOAR partnered with the Kentucky Department for Public Health’s Office of Health Equity to host the first-ever Appalachian Nursing Academy. The academy will be held from June 12-25 at the University of Pikeville.
Our FREE two-week academy offers:
- Housing at the University of Pikeville
- Three meals a day
- Interactive programming with workshops, presentation, shadowing, mentorship, tours, etc.
- $1,500 scholarship to further your education
- Trips to see and experience regional attractions and activities
Want to apply? Here’s the criteria:
- You reside in one of Kentucky’s 54 Appalachian counties
- You are a rising junior or senior at your high school
- You do not have to have any prior experience related to nursing to apply. Your interest is all that matters.
Apply here. The application deadline is May 13.