There is a demand for nurses now and in the years to come. It’s a national challenge, but we are tackling it with a home-grown solution.
That’s why SOAR partnered with the Kentucky Department for Public Health’s Office of Health Equity to host the first-ever Appalachian Nursing Academy. The academy will be held from June 12-25 at the University of Pikeville.
Our FREE two-week academy offers:
- Housing at the University of Pikeville
- Three meals a day
- Interactive programming with workshops, presentation, shadowing, mentorship, tours, etc.
- $1,500 scholarship to further your education
- Trips to see and experience regional attractions and activities
Want to apply? Here’s the criteria:
- You reside in one of Kentucky’s 54 Appalachian counties
- You are a rising junior or senior at your high school
- You do not have to have any prior experience related to nursing to apply. Your interest is all that matters.
Apply here. The application deadline is May 13.
We also want to recognize the University of Pikeville and Jobs for Kentucky’s Graduates (JAG KY) for their support of the Appalachian Nursing Academy.