Shaping Our Appalachian Region has partnered with the Kentucky Department for Public Health, the Forcht Group, MAI Management, Kentucky Primary Care Association, Baptist Health Corbin, and Kentucky Hospital Association to host a Healthcare Career Pathway Fair at the Corbin Arena in Corbin.
Thursday, February 15, 2024
9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
This event is for high school students.
Why host this event?
- Healthcare jobs are in high demand now and are expected to grow. According to the Council on Post-Secondary Education, healthcare jobs will grow 29% through 2029.
- These are high-skilled and good-paying jobs available in our communities NOW! Our goal is simple: To connect students with opportunities to fill these jobs and keep them in the region.
Our Healthcare Career Pathway Fair is an interactive and hands-on event featuring healthcare providers, as well as training providers from throughout the region. We want students who are interested in a career in healthcare. Just as important are those students who are not sure about their next step or face financial and other barriers to earning a credential and getting a good-paying and high-demand job.
What should your students expect?
- Learn about job openings and innovative career pathways available through healthcare providers. Did you know that many hospitals provide free training for credentials that allow employees to work towards a degree with the financial support of their employer?
- Experience interactive and educational health sessions related to healthcare.
- Network with colleges, universities, and healthcare providers on training and innovative career pathways.
We are all-in on connecting students with EVERY opportunity to fill the healthcare jobs of today and tomorrow. The Fair is FREE!
- Breakfast and Lunch are provided.
- There is a limited number of transportation stipends available for school districts to offset fuel and other costs.
Calling all Healthcare and Training Providers
Are you a hospital or healthcare agency wanting to:
- Connect with students to share available openings, training opportunities, and other programs.
- Network with other training and healthcare providers to learn about programs and other offerings to help you fill the jobs of today and tomorrow.
Be a part of our Healthcare Career Pathway Fair with a booth! A booth is a great way to share more information about your organization with our participants.
Why is this important?
- Students will be placed in groups and each group will have a dedicated time to network among booths at the event.
- You’ll also be able to network with other providers and educational institutions.
- Awareness is everything. If students learn of employment and training opportunities, they will likely pursue them.
Registration for a booth is just $150. This includes breakfast and lunch for those working your booth.
Lock in your spot now! The deadline is January 31.