NRPA/Disney Play Space Grants
Through Meet Me at the Park, the National Recreation and Park Association (NPRA) in collaboration with The Walt Disney Company understand the need to improve access to outdoor play — including trails, mobile play, play spaces and sports. Thanks to a grant from Disney, NRPA is excited to expand the Meet Me at the Park program and provide additional communities with increased access to play spaces in local parks for children and families across the U.S. As part of this program, park and recreation agencies in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories will be invited to share their best ideas on increasing access to play spaces for children and families. Agencies with the most innovative and impactful project ideas will receive grants to build their projects.
This investment supports NRPA and Disney’s combined goal of providing one million kids and families with greater access to play.
• Be a local or state government park and recreation agency, (e.g., municipal park and recreation department, tribal recreation department, park district, etc.)
• Provide opportunities for community engagement and volunteerism in association with the project.
• Promote the project locally through its own communication channels and on social media.
• Administer surveys and collect data from at least 25 people at the project site once the project is completed.
• At least four of the selected grantees will be required to conduct a more in-depth evaluation. Tools and training will be provided to selected grantees.
Webinar to Learn More
NRPA hosted a webinar to provide an overview of grant requirements and frequently asked questions. To access a recording of the webinar please register through this link HERE.
Application Due Date
Applications are due by 11:59PM ET on Friday, June 23, 2017.
If you have questions regarding the Play Space grant opportunity, please email playspacesRFA@nrpa.org.